So Cameron and his student Evan flew down to North Carolina Monday afternoon (he left early in the am) to pick up the plane Evan just got.
They were supposed to be getting home tonight sometime, but they had to land in WY because there was ice in front of them. bummer.
I was SOOO looking forward to seeing my hubby tonight when I came home from a long day at work.
But obviously that isn't happening, I much rather him be safe! He is so smart!!! Have I said that yet??
He is such a good pilot & I LOVE LOVE love going on flights with him, I feel so comfortable and relaxed. :)
Now his students, ummm not quite yet but they will get there someday too.
I could NEVER be a pilot...seems kinda scary during training and you gotta know a lot of JUNK, well important junk of course.
What I keep realizing when he is away and gone on flights is never to expect him back when he says he will be back.
Stuff always comes up, weather, students being late, other instructors getting back late with the plane he has scheduled right after them...so many things.
It is definitely hard to get use to but I am getting much better than when we were first dating.
Hahaha funny story. So April 15,2011 Cam and I had a date planned, I was sooo excited I love our date nights.
Anyways, to make a long story short I had the WORST day I mean most TERRIBLE day that I had had in a long time and I couldn't wait until Cam got home for our date.
I was very emotional that day to top it off, great.
After getting off work I went over to his apartment to cook him some dinner while he was still at work so that when he got home we could eat and then go out.
Well he was suppose to be home at about 6 and 6 came and went, finally at 7:30 I hear from him, "sorry babe, I am running late on this flight I'll be home in 30 mins. ( So I take a deep breath) "Ok, love see you soon!
Well 7:30 comes and goes as well. Just Fabulous!! Uggh I was getting reaaallllly annoyed at this point.
So I run to the store to get a few random things and to be distracted (ok, i went shopping haha)
While I was out he gets home and when he gets there he calls me and says "where are you?"
Im on my way there I respond, your dinner is cold and waiting for you!
I get there and I am so upset (with the whole day really) I end up in his room on his bed in full on tears just crying my eyes out on the phone with my mom.
After some more drama, it turned out to be the best day of my life!!!
Cameron proposed to me!
He was planning on taking me to a park that night for our "date" and doing the whole romantic thing and getting pictures of it blah blah blah.
But it turned out to be in his bed with tears running down my face. Crazy I know but it was PERFECT, more than perfect really because I had a dream literally the night before of me balling my eyes out in bed and Cam proposing to me.
WEIRD.
But I can truly say, my DREAMS CAME TRUE.hehe
SO this "short" story really wasn't that short.
But the point I'm making is I just need to keep reminding myself that he needs to be safe so that he WILL come home to me, even if it is an hour, a day or maybe even a week later!! Better late then never. :)
xoxpatientlywaitinghubbysreturnxox
No comments:
Post a Comment