Monday, February 13, 2012

Training Is COMING TO AN END

Well, It started over a month ago on Jan 2nd and todaybeing the 13th of Feb I am almost done. For thelast week I have been flying a box around a digital world practicing emergencies that hopefully I will never have to see in the real world but if I ever do, I need to know what to do. Below is a picture of the box. You wouldn't be able to tell by looking at it but there is a brasilia cockpit in there that they use to train us.


So after four days of the box four hours each day, I had saturday and sunday to relax and study up on procedures that I need to have down. To make sure I didn't overload my brain my sim partner and I spent some time down by the ocean walking through shops and just enjoying the fact that we were in sunny california while back home it was cold. We saw the Queen Mary which used to do transatlantic crossings before and after WWII. Saw a russian submarine just walked around.



When we first got there I realized that I had been there once before when I was in High School in the band. We played along with the choir right there. It was a little of a surprise that I had been there before but was fun to think about all the High School glory days.

This is a light house right next to the aquarium and out by the pier.

Just a cool boat.
More boats and some shops.

After our afternoon of walking returned to the hotel and the studying resumed.

Tonight I have a practice test to get me ready for tomorrow's check ride after which I will be certified to fly the EMB120. It is surreal to think that training is going to becoming to a close, but the excitement is just starting to build thinking that I am going to be able to fly soon. till next time,
Cam
"Contact departure 121.1"

No comments:

Post a Comment