It is a new year and with that always comes things to strive for and acheive. I have been really wanting to sit down and document what happens in our lives, the exciting, the sad, the happy, the every day mom stuff, just all of it. For my own record. I love looking back at the few posts we have written in the past & "re-living" them through it. A lot has happened since the last time I blogged. LOTS so I'm not going to even try to write it all but instead maybe list a few of them:
We moved from Ogden, into Cam's parents basement in Jan 2012
Moved into our own apartment in August. 2012 We had a beautiful baby, Maverik Jay in Sept.2012
Lived in our own aparment for a year.
Traveled LOTS & LOTS to Washington, Virginia, DC, New York, Wyoming, California (im sure i left some places out)
Went to Mexico for our family vacation/Anniversary in August 2013
Moved yet again into a beautiful apartment in September 2013
Maverik turned 1 a week later.
October 2013- New York
November 2013-Washington for Thanksgiving with my mom & family
December 2013- Steve & Rachael flew out here from DC for two weeks! (so fun)It was our turn to stay here in Utah and celebrate Christmas with Cam's family. I was so greatful we didn't have to travel, I really wanted to be able to come home in the evening and sleep in our own bed & of course not have to deal with the whole travel craziness during the holiday!! That was also SO nice!! Cam bid reserve for the month of December in hopes he wouldn't get called to fly so he was able to spend it with us, it worked. Miracle.(He still gets paid even if he doesn't fly)I think he flew maybe 2x in the month of December. January 2nd was his 2nd year anniversary with Skywest, onto year 3 already!! WOW, that went by so quick. We decided it was time he "moved" on from the current plane he was flying (the Brasilia) & put in his bid for the Jet. I was more hesitant because I don't always do so great with big changes. He though, was STOKED. We found out a couple weeks after putting in the bid that he was awarded just what he wanted AND got the start time he wanted too!!! He started his first day of "ground school" training for the Jet on Tuesday Janurary 7th, 2014. Holy smokes, I still don't believe it. We were talking a couple months ago and I made the comment something along the lines of "Why do good things always happen to you, like you always get what you want!?" "You are just so dang smart"...you get the idea. He responded by saying, "Honey, we are blessed because we pay our tithing." If you don't know what tithing is:
The principle of tithing, or voluntarily giving one tenth of one’s
income to God’s work, has been known since Old Testament times. Abraham
paid tithes to Melchizedek (Genesis 14:17-20).
The law of tithing is how the Lord funds His Church. Today all
faithful members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
contribute one tenth of their income as tithing. Tithing funds are used
for:
- Constructing temples, chapels, and other buildings.
- Providing operating funds for the Church.
- Funding the missionary program (This does not include individual missionary expenses.)
- Preparing materials used in Church classes and organizations.
- Temple work, family history, and many other important Church functions.
- Education.
I am so blessed to have Cameron in my life and as my husband, he reminds me all the time of the things that are important and always attributes it to the Lord. What a hunk I have! I always need a little reminding ;)
I know this post is rambly, sorry. Also, I'm leaving a lot out. Oops
Like I said this week is Cameron's first week of ground school for the Jet. We are technically based out in San Francisco for this month but training is here in SLC. In order for him to focus fully and be able to study when he needs to, he stays there in a hotel all week. He has 2 more full weeks in ground school then he starts "SIM". Which is when he uses a simulator "box" looking thing to do some hands on flying and getting to know his new aircraft. He will also be in a hotel during the two weeks of SIM. He will come home on the weekends. Finally after SIM, he has his check ride. Check rides are a big deal. He has to fly the SIM with an Instuctor who is watching his every move & essentially grading him. I am so confident in Cam and all his abilities to be successful. He study's so hard and truly LOVES what he does. That makes everything easier. Once he finishes all of that he will officially start flying trips on the Jet most likely in March. His domicile or base will be Denver, CO. Right now we have no intentions on moving to Denver, so he will just commute until we decide where we want to live...even if that means still living here in Utah. In case you all are wondering going from...
This: Brasilia (30 seater)
To this: CRJ 900 (76 seater)
Is quite the promotion. Way to go Cam, you rock!!!Our ultimate goal is for him to fly this one day! :) a Boeing 777.
xoxoapilotswifexoxo




No comments:
Post a Comment